To assess vegetation changes we used a Quadrat. It had 25 squares (each square was 4%), and we placed it on the ground every 10 metres (systematic sampling). We estimated the total vegetation cover as well as the number of species, which was vital to our hypothesis.
- Gives consistent/closed area to analyse
- Helps estimate percentages
- Can crush/squash larger vegetation like marram grass
- Percentages were a crude guess
- Some species might have been misidentified or obscured
- Might have missed out some vegetation that grows in clumps
- Mights have missed out some species eg trees